We’ve had fringed hair when we were toddlers, with big eyes and mischievous smiles and those fringes have now moved on to clothes with almost every wearable item then may it be t-shirts or pants or earrings of shoes. Fringes add a lot of volume to the apparel giving an extra bounce and frills giving a very ‘girl next door’ look!
To say in layman’s language, fringes are cool and even easier to make. In my language, it is sort of a reuse of old clothes, making them look gorgeously new.
Everything has an origin, there’s a story for every beginning. Some say it was an adapted form of Red Indians of Native American dressing style-which was a form of decoration originating in the 1920s, some say, it just is an accident. But according to my theory, these fringes are completely functional as it helps to shed moisture from clothes-quicker and easily. And no sooner, it was into style or for that matter, was brought into style by fashion designers.
Even though there are high end designer brands selling fringed apparels and accessories, you can be your designer and make one at home. All you need for that is
- An old t-shirt
- A pair of fabric scissors
- A ruler
- A pencil (preferably HB one) or a cloth chalk if available
- Lot of creativity and good cutting skills
Fringe Crop Top from T-Shirt
So let’s begin! Iron your t-shirt and place it on a hard surface.
- Make two lines, one will be the hemline of your t-shirt and the other one would be the point marking how deep you want the fringes to be.
- Mark dots at the bottom and top with a distance of 1-2 cm in between each of them. See to it that the two lines of dots are parallel to each other.
- Once you are done, join the dots making parallel lines all over the circumference of the t-shirt.
- Now accurately cut the lines. If you have shaky hands request somebody else to do it for you, you surely want it to be perfect, don’t you?
- No further steps. All you got to do is wear it, upload the photo on social networking sites. Don’t share your secret with anybody.
- If you have time, you can beautify you work of art even more by stringing beads in the cut strands of fabric or by dying them in ombre or by knotting them up in a net pattern!
Just in similar fashion you can make fringed scarves and put it around the neck like a scowl. Just so in doing, you may discover the hidden creativity in you.
There is just one way to wear accent fringes-with confidence. You can wear it over a skirt or a pair of skinny pants along with silver jewelry and if possible some feathers too.
Be confident In whatever you wear! Cheers!